Best font recognition tools
At some point in your life, you have come across a website that caught your attention because of how attractive the font looked. The exquisite design must have left you curious about the type of font used. We had earlier on talked of how choosing the right font highly determines the final design of your work. Typography can make or break your website. visitors can be turned off or they can come over and over again until they are converted into being loyal clients.
There are thousands of fonts available for you to choose from today. As a result, it can be quite challenging to determine which font was used for a particular design. However, there are several font recognition tools that can help you identify your dream font.
If you’re looking for the best font recognition tools, we have your back. Let’s get to it.
This is the first font recognition tool on our list. It is said to be not only the simplest but also one of the most straightforward tools to use. Font Squirrel allows users to drag and drop images of the font of their choices in the search box. Then select one or multiple letters, and the tool does all the other work. It will give you a font name and a link to allow you to purchase or even download the searched typeface.
With WhatFontIs, you must upload a clear image of the text with the font you want to identify. It has a success rate is 90%, with the remaining 10% been accounted for by the poor quality of images uploaded. Advanced Al is used, which gives results of more than 60 fonts that resemble whatever you have uploaded, accompanied by links you can follow to either download or buy. Your subscription plan determines the level and ease you’ll have in font identification. Higher pricing plans are given a wide range of options.
This tool asks questions based on the font's features and responds by giving options that best describe what you have. The type of font used will be given based on the answers that you give. Unlike other tools, Identifont allows searching of fonts based on the designer or publisher's name and also the similarity to other fonts in terms of their appearance.
Fonts Ninja is an extension of google chrome that gives its users lots of options to identify fonts and hosts the most available typefaces. Users are given the opportunity of trying the typefaces before purchasing them. The extension allows integration of Figma, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch.
To use Fonts Ninja, you need to activate it on your browser. Then, move to the website with the font you are interested in and click on the Fonts Ninja icon that appears on the upper right side of the screen. If correctly done, the extension loads and identifies the fonts on the page you are browsing.
You can also install the Fonts Ninja application and it will automatically download the fonts that interest you the most after their identification.
WhatTheFont is a font identifier tool known for its high success rate. It comprises more than 130k fonts, therefore, increasing the chances of finding the font that interests you. The only quibble they have is that you are restricted to only PNG and JPG file formats. After uploading the image, you can choose the font that interests you. The tool lists the fonts which resemble the one that you have highlighted. Pressing a Get It button allows you to download the fonts.
FontSpring Matcherator is an online font identifier tool that allows the user to either upload the image or share the link to the image URL. The tool supports Open Type features, and it is accompanied by a tag refinement feature that allows the user to get the very best of your search results.
In conclusion, there are lots of fonts identifying tools that you can use out there. Next time you come across a font that makes you go like, “I wonder what that font is called?” you know how to go about it.
No more whipping out Word documents to see if the font is in the library. Yes, you might eventually find it but it will have taken so much of your time.
we hope these tools will shine a light on your font-searching quest and make it less complex or difficult.